WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO DEVELOP A WEBSITE STRATEGY?
- Understanding your audience
- Don’t skip the strategy phase
- Step-by-Step on how to build your first strategy
- Change your mindset
- Keep your ideas
PUT YOURSELF IN YOUR CUSTOMER’S SHOES.
Your primary objective is to understand what your customer wants and how you can help them. When you understand your audience and their needs and how you and your business can help them, you will better understand how to sell to them.
The goal of the strategy stage of Growth-Driven Design is to understand your audience’s world and how the website can solve problems along their journey.
Without starting with a user-focused strategy, it’s difficult to build something that’s successful.
If you skip this strategy step, you might have less of an impact on your audience. Content that doesn’t align with your overall focus as a business won’t resonate with your audience as well as it should.
Invest in your strategy up front and you’ll finish with a successful project.
STEP-BY-STEP ON HOW TO BUILD A GROWTH-DRIVEN DESIGN STRATEGY
What are the core parts of a website strategy?
Well, there are seven of them:
1. One – setting your website goals;
2. Two – a framework called “Jobs to Be Done”
3. Three – developing buyer personas
4. Four – understanding fundamental assumptions
5. Five – journey mapping
6. Six – developing a website-specific strategy; and
7. Seven – brainstorming a wish list.
As you learn about these seven parts, you’ll create your own custom website strategy. Through the next couple of blogs we will take you through each of these steps helping you form your own website strategy.
GET INTO THE RIGHT MINDSET FROM THE BEGINNING.
Before you sit down with your team to strategize, start forming some good habits
- STORE YOUR IDEAS – Make everyone in your team aware that they have a place to store their ideas for future reference. Start collecting your ideas for your brainstorm.
- MAKE A NOTE WHEREVER YOU ARE ON YOUR PHONE , IPAD OR POST-IT – The best ideas often come to you when you least expect it. Get in the habit of jotting down ideas and keeping them for the strategy sessions.
- GET TOGETHER AND BRAINSTORM YOUR IDEAS – Hosting a collective brainstorming session is where all those power shower ideas will be thrown together, and as a team you will build on.
Up next … Setting your website goals